Friday, September 17, 2010

Tori Amos: Little Earthquakes

Y Can't Tori Read The Last Man Edition

When I got Shandree, I also got Tori Amos, for better or worse. Tori is fairly amazing, musically. This is her first solo album, after her failure in the glam-metal band Y Kant Tori Read. There are elements of metal here, for sure. Certainly a flair for the dramatic. As a heterosexual male, I have a healthy respect-slash-fear of Tori and her flock. In the comic Y-The Last Man, Brian K. Vaughan suggests that if all the men in the world died, Tori Amos would start a commune in Europe for women artists. I believe this is true.

I enjoy the songs "Girl" and "Happy Phantom". Really good arrangements. She sings on the latter "They say Confucius does his crossword with a pen". I'm pretty sure Tori does the same thing, judging by the dearth of restraint her body of work exemplifies.

Almost all of which is on the docket for the next few days. Oh dear...

1 comment:

  1. Terrible, that video was so trying to be Madonna ala Who's that Girl. All she needs to do is sniff her arm pits. "Somebody stole my underwear, that's gross."

    "Y can't Tori read the last man" good one.

    ReplyDelete