Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Disk-a-Day is GO!!!

Well Rounded Introductions (+ Full Disclosure) Edition

Well, after a little over half a year (give or take) blogging my CD-a-Day posts at a more chaotic and personal blog, Don't Panic. NOW!, I've decided to consolidate them here, with a url more matching the title, and with an eye towards more focus for new readers and my old readers alike. I'll be starting from A again, re-posting some of the old blogs that no one really read, with relevant edits as necessary.

Also, in regards to the above mentioned FULL DISCLOSURE (capitalized for emphasis), I've decided to try and monetize this beast. That is, I'll provide links to the disks I "review" and if you click on them and buy stuff (if Amazon allows it, of course) I'll make money.

But, that is not the PURPOSE of this blog. I started my CD-a-Day posts as a means of motivating myself to write daily, and that's what I intend to continue doing. These posts mean more to me than the music they are titled after...the music is important, but like most THINGS, it is secondary (at best) to who I am, who I care about, and who I look to. The truth about life is that "who" matters much more than "what", and so I'm using the "what" to lead to the "who". (Not "The Who"...sorry Pete Townsend).

As for the title...say it out loud. Kinda rolls off the tongue, yeah? Sadly, the spelling of "disk" with a "k" usually refers to magnetic media, like Floppy Disks or Hard Disk Drives, while "disc" is generally accepted when referring to Optical Discs, Like CDs and DVDs. Well, some yahoo s already took "disc-a-day", "discaday", "cd-a-day" and "cdaday". So, I'm left with a less accepted spelling and likely less traffic because of it.

Posh, I say. Again, the blog isn't really ABOUT CD's. It's about (our) human experience, where music is the catalyst and common ground. And where "Disk" is defined as any surface that is flat and round, or seemingly so:i.e. the disk of the sun, I hope this blog will prove to be deeper than flat. You'll just have to get up close to find out.

1 comment:

  1. Hey there brother, nice to see the change of blogging media. One thing you might want to do is add a "I moved!" post to your old blog.

    Also, have you considered monetizing with AdSense?

    ReplyDelete