Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Alaska!: Emotions

Deadliest Catch! I Get It! Edition

Rookie Card played with these guys in LA. That is, we played on the same stage earlier in the evening, but before everyone decided to show up. Spaceland. Ugh. And yet, despite the lame experience, I really like Alaska. This three-piece does great spook-pop. The song, "Broken", specifically reminds me of the Silent Hill soundtrack. Not the movie, the game. Those who know, know; Fuzzy and ethereal, yet with a definite groove. This is another band I keep meaning to find more of.

Alaska has become pretty prominent in our current pop-culture. Jewel claims Alaska above San Diego in interviews. Sarah Palin, The Deadliest Catch. ( Also, that crab-fishing show.) I‘d like to visit someday. There is a small town called Unalaska in the Fox Archipelago that looks delightful, and also scary. As in, haunted town scary. I’m sure it doesn’t help that half the year is dark and frozen.

1 comment:

  1. Weird, I commented on this yesterday, but it's gone. I dig this, and not just because they're called alaska!

    ReplyDelete