Monday, August 16, 2010

Bryan Adams: So Far So Good

Giant Crabs Edition

I had to delete the comma between "Far" and "So" twice after looking at the cover again. Also of note on the inside of the booklet: Why is Bryan Adams taking a piss on his truck? I don't get it...

Looks like I have a lot of "best-of's" and compilations. I guess I do, though I listen to them far less than full albums. However, for Bryan Adams, this will do it for me. Every hit is on here; All the movie stuff, the video stuff and the stuff in between, like the duet with Tina Turner on "It's Only Love". I like that. While Adams' music is ballad-centric, I like his "rockers", particularly "Summer of '69" (Bryan was 10 years old in 1969, btw.) and "Kids Wanna Rock", which I remember fondly as being used in an episode of Dynaman. Overproduced, with nary an edge to be found, this comp is more nostalgia than anything. Good for a spin every couple years, I guess.

Except the song "Run to You". Here's a taste of the lyrics:

"Shes got a heart of gold she'd never let me down
But you're the one that always turns me on
You keep me comin' round
I know her love is true
But its so damn easy makin' love to you"

What a cheating piece of crap!

No comments:

Post a Comment