Friday, August 20, 2010

The Album Leaf: In a Safe Place

Fever Dreams Edition

Once, when I was in Junior High, I got sick with the flu, and missed something like a week and a half of school. At some point, and I remember this distinctly, I lay in bed, and I believed that I was not resting on a mattress, but on the head of a pin, and if I moved, I would impale myself straight through. I lay perfectly still, my eyes half open, as all the furniture floated to different corners of my room, threatening to crash to the floor if my concentration-slash-daze was broken.

There was no pain, only the sense that pain was possible and very real. There was no comfort, only the desire for relief. Uneasy, spacey and humanly morbid. Was I hallucinating, or dreaming? I'm not entirely sure, but the experience was very real.

Just so, The Album Leaf.

No comments:

Post a Comment