Monday, November 8, 2010

Better Than Ezra: How Does Your Garden Grow?

Ghost Park Edition

I enjoy turkey, and when the lighted star on the hill behind my parents' house comes on the evening of Thanksgiving, the holidays feel like they are fully underway. With less than a month to go before said feast day, I'm struck by how much I have going on with family, friends, faith and fancy. This blog seems a luxury about luxuries. Is is wise to pursue, or do I just give thanks that I can?

This CD is subtitled "a series of nocturnes". It would is enjoyable in the fall; An October album, but it fell just after. Worth listening to, but not necessarily while you eat turkey and green-bean casserole. Maybe while you drive to visit relatives, as the sun sets under a desert sky. There is a whimsical, dreamy quality to the songs that wasn't present on Friction, Baby. However, "murder" returns as a theme, which makes me wonder about ever visiting New Orleans whence these boys hail.

Speaking of New Orleans and nightmares:

1 comment:

  1. I really appreciate the efforts you put into reviewing these useful resources.
    Track Ninja

    ReplyDelete