Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Better Than Ezra: Deluxe

Murder Pop Edition

From the song Porcelain

Well I wish I could kill you,
savor the sight.
Get in to my car, drive into the night.
Then lie as I scream to the heavens above.
That I was the last one you ever loved.
Yes, your skin is like porcelain.


Oh. Kay. BTW, this is not a Heavy Metal band.

You know, I'm not really a fan of this CD. It has their hit "Good" on it, and the first song, "In the Blood" is pretty OK. But there's something about the sound that is too sparse, too basic and bland. The cover is terrible. It looks far from professional. Certainly not a deal breaker, but it just suits the contents, sadly. I'm a huge fan of their second disc, and bought this one, hoping for more of the magic. Didn't happen. Could be the old drummer. Could be the garage-band production on songs that need more depth-of-field, so to speak. Could be the psycho lyrics.

There is a hidden track at the very end, where the lyrics are screamed in a heavy German accent; "Pork unt beans mit sauer krauten!" What in the world?!

Here they are with their "good" drummer.

No comments:

Post a Comment